Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Ponderize

During General Conference, which happened, unbelievably, two weeks ago, Elder Devin G. Durrant invited the church to ponderize one scripture a week. Ponderize, he explained, is "a combination of 80 percent extended pondering and 20 percent memorization." I have chosen two scriptures since then to ponderize. The first to bring me comfort and courage in doing right amidst a world of opposition and criticism, and the second to bring me closer to a constant state of happiness.

The first scripture I chose was D&C 6:34. "Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." The phrase "little flock" caught my attention when I came across this scripture during personal study. I felt the love and careful attention God gives to His people, meaning all of His children, but more specifically those who follow Him and keep His commandments and strive to do good. Knowing that He supports me and defends me gives me courage to do what is right and comfort in knowing that simply doing good is what He requires of me. This scripture also re-lit my conviction to center my life in Jesus Christ and make Him my life's foundation. Christ loves me; He watches over me; He is with me.

The second scripture I chose was Mosiah 2:41. "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember these things are true; for the Lord God has spoken it." This week I am searching for ways to make my life more full of happiness. I am trying to become more optimistic and filled with joy. I'm going that as I reflect on this scripture that I will be inspired by the spirit to better know how to be happy.

*I'm STILL working on the post from a few weeks ago. I'm hoping all of my research will pay off. I'm trying to be thorough in finding scripture references and cross-references to make the pattern I found to be more credible.

No comments:

Post a Comment